Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Free Mojtaba and Arash

I've never been to their blogs, nor had I even heard their names until today. But, I'll jump on this bandwagon. Why, you ask? Because I'm an opportunistic shit? Always eager to pin the latest good-guy-badge on my chest and smugly display my moral superiority? Well, yes. Bask in the humble glow of my righteousness, ye benighted masses!

More to the point, however, is that if the Iranian government can be pressured into releasing them, their power over their own population will be lessened that much more. The Iranian people will have less reason to fear their government, and a democratic revolution will be that extra bit closer....

4 Comments:

Blogger Decadent Leftist said...

The democratic revolution WAS on the way until Bush II called Iran part of the "Axis of Evil". Moderate Shiite clerics and reformers were gradually coming to power. Afterall, there is a moderate well eduated elite in Iran, and most people there aren't the religious fanatics that they are demonized as...until Bush scared/pissed them off and they went nuts.

Dubya set back Iranian reforms about one decade with that stupid speech. He set them back even further when he invaded Iraq. Now they're scared. I can't really blame them for a crash nuclear program as well.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Shultz,

Would you be interested in a job doing data-entry in my church's basement?

1:15 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

That was ... random.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://kpill.info/lol.htm
8)

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home