Friday, March 18, 2005

No Sushi For You!

I realize this is old news, but I just encountered it recently so I'm blogging it anyways.

Apparently, the McGuinty Liberals just backed down from a proposed regulation that would outlaw fresh sushi. Now, don't get me wrong. I like seeing governments back down. It teaches them humility, which is good for their blackened souls. However, the story absolutely begs the question, Why the hell would they try to pass such a law in the first place? Hmm, lets see ... on the one hand, you have a lot of Torontonians who love sushi. On the other hand, you have a lot of Torontonians who vote Liberal. The Liberals had already managed to piss off the entire province with their Health Care 'Premium' (which isn't a tax!) Basically the only people in the whole damn province who might vote Liberal in the next provincial election live in the 416 and the 905. And then the government turns around and tries to regulate real sushi out of existence.

You know, for the first few months of this administration, I used to actually get mad about their ham-handed stunts. Now I just think it's funny. If they keep this up, it'll be a decade or more before the Liberals have a snowballs' chance in Texas of getting back in to office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home