Saturday, April 02, 2005

Publication Ban? What Publication Ban?

I wasn't really intending to blog about the sponsorship scandal, as it doesn't really affect me. The Liberal Party has struck me as corrupt ever since I started voting, so when I bother to vote at all I vote Conservative anyways (except for that one time I voted Marxist-Leninist, because all the mainstream parties disgusted me at the time and I figured I might as well just amuse myself. I was 25% of their electorate in my riding! Yay me!) Actually, this isn't about the scandal per se; it's about the publication ban.

Don't you love the internet
? A judge establishes a publication ban, but there's no way to ban reading, so people in other countries (like, say, the U.S.) can ignore the ban with impunity, publish what they learn on the web, and the information gets out regardless. The mullahs in Iran can't keep their people from knowing what the score is. What makes Canada's judicial system think they can do any better, when our country is way more open?

So I says to the Liberal Party: go ahead, have your snap election. Try to skulk back into power before the Gomery inquiry blows open your whole sordid system. It won't work; we'll learn the truth anyways, and in plenty of time to do to send Canada's Natural Governing Party the way of the Whigs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Decadent Leftist said...

The Liberal Party has struck me as corrupt ever since I started voting, so when I bother to vote at all...except for that one time I voted Marxist-Leninist, because all the mainstream parties disgusted me at the time and I figured I might as well just amuse myself. I was 25% of their electorate in my riding! Yay me!

What a mature additude. You a responsible and integral part of civil society. Hope you LEARN THE TRUTH before you don't vote in the next election.

With people like you around, the Liberals will forever be in power. That's good. It's better than the Tories*.

PS: Why do you vote for the liberaltarians? Aren't they your butt-buddy faction?

* Tories will have a hard time winning with Harper around. Everytime he starts going on about religion and gays he practually ensures a Liberal minority government.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home